Entropy Music Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Entropy Music Club

Entropy Music Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Funk Soldiers

2 posters

Maceo Musicology Webcast #45 - The Funk of Me'Shell Ndegéocello

Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Maceo Musicology Webcast #45 - The Funk of Me'Shell Ndegéocello  Empty Maceo Musicology Webcast #45 - The Funk of Me'Shell Ndegéocello

Post by Mace2theO Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:01 pm

Maceo Musicology Webcast #45 - The Funk of Me'Shell Ndegéocello  Me%27Shell%2BNdeg%C3%A9Ocello%2BV7

Maceo Musicology Webcast #45 (The Funk of Me'Shell Ndegéocello) by Mace2theo on Mixcloud

Maceo Musicology Webcast #45
    The Funk of Me'Shell Ndegéocello

Me'Shell Ndegeocello is an American singer-songwriter, bassist, vocalist and rapper. Her music incorporates a wide variety of influences, including funk, soul, jazz, hip hop, reggae and rock. She has received significant critical acclaim throughout her career, and has had ten career Grammy Award nominations.  She has been credited for having "sparked the neo-soul movement."

Maceo Musicology Webcast #45 - The Funk of Me'Shell Ndegéocello  Me%27Shell%2BNdeg%C3%A9Ocello%2BV10

Ndegeocello honed her skills on the D.C. go-go circuit in the late 1980s with the bands Prophecy, Little Bennie and the Masters, and Rare Essence.  She unsuccessfully tried out for Living Colour's bassist position, vacated in 1992 by Muzz Skillings. Going solo, she was one of the first artists to sign with Madonna's Maverick Records.  Ndegeocello's debut release, 1993's Plantation Lullabies, spawned the hit "If That's Your Boyfriend (He Wasn't Last Night)" and received three Grammy nominations.

Her singles "If That’s Your Boyfriend (He Wasn’t Last Night)", "Leviticus: Faggot", and her cover of Bill Withers' "Who Is He and What Is He to You?" have all charted in the Billboard top 20.

Maceo Musicology Webcast #45 - The Funk of Me'Shell Ndegéocello  Maceo%2BMusicology%2BWebcast%2B%2345_Me%27Shell%2BNdeg%C3%A9ocello%2BInsert%2B2

https://www.mediafire.com/?cur68cy4pnia1dp

sunny
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Maceo Musicology Webcast #45 - The Funk of Me'Shell Ndegéocello  Empty Re: Maceo Musicology Webcast #45 - The Funk of Me'Shell Ndegéocello

Post by Ymaginatif Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:26 pm

Cool! Maceo back on the mic! 

Even if you did a radioshow on Alvin and the Chipmunks I'd listen to it! Cool
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Maceo Musicology Webcast #45 - The Funk of Me'Shell Ndegéocello  Empty Re: Maceo Musicology Webcast #45 - The Funk of Me'Shell Ndegéocello

Post by Mace2theO Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Ymaginatif wrote:Cool! Maceo back on the mic! 

Even if you did a radioshow on Alvin and the Chipmunks I'd listen to it! Cool

Ha ha - you don't know how close you are ! Last year I did 3 podcasts for Elsa, starting mostly with songs she had heard from movies, and she did like the Alvin movie. Her tastes are getting better as the first podcast had Frozen and I Like to Move it (Madagascar) while #3 had Uptown Funk and Daft Punk...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 pm