Entropy Music Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Entropy Music Club

Entropy Music Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Funk Soldiers

+4
jaytap
Jfrost
fkkScoop
maxim9691
8 posters

Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast

maxim9691
    maxim9691

Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast Empty Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast

Post by maxim9691 Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast Triple10

Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m5q1nwz3mym

Cool
    fkkScoop
    fkkScoop

Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast Empty Re: Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast

Post by fkkScoop Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:21 pm

First!!! Very Happy

OK, lets see what it is....
    Anonymous

Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast Empty Re: Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:26 pm

Ok, let's check it out, it will be great to hear how your voices sound, apart from Maceo, who sounds like a radio dj from a Quentin Tarantino film... Cool
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Electricecnirp wrote:Ok, let's check it out, it will be great to hear how your voices sound, apart from Maceo, who sounds like a radio dj from a Quentin Tarantino film... Cool

You know we each have other Webcasts posted besides this one sing
    Jfrost
    Jfrost

Post by Jfrost Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:54 pm

It'll be nice to hear what you have come up with!!
    I hope it wasn't all putting Frosty down!
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:47 pm

Jfrost wrote:It'll be nice to hear what you have come up with!!

"I didn't do it!"....points at Maceo Laughing
    jaytap
    jaytap

Post by jaytap Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:37 am

thanks guys,
    will check it out this afternoon,
    jaytap
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:35 am

maxim9691 wrote:
    Jfrost wrote:It'll be nice to hear what you have come up with!!

"I didn't do it!"....points at Maceo Laughing

No put down...just a proper shout out concerning a past topic on the forum Very Happy scratch
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:35 am

Very nice broadcast guys, you make a good team!! Enjoyed listening to this... Smile
    Anonymous

Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast Empty Electric "ecnirp" = Electric "Prince"

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:52 am

Oh, and I forgot, thanx for the shout out to Belgium with "Arno"! Smile
    fkkScoop
    fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:12 am

Nice one.....and thanks for the "FLOWERS"! Laughing
    But Major Tom.... puke

Didn´t understood all speaking words, cuz´I´m on work right now....but I will hear it again!
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:40 am

I haven't heard it yet! affraid

Ain't that terrible!

rofl
    fkkScoop
    fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:18 am

No, the podcast is good, really good I can say!

Only the song....I don´t know, but hey, It´s your Podcast!!!!
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:27 am

fkkScoop wrote:Nice one.....and thanks for the "FLOWERS"! Laughing
    But Major Tom.... puke

Didn´t understood all speaking words, cuz´I´m on work right now....but I will hear it again!

You didn't like Major Tom ? and it was even dedicated to you scoop, Entropy's Space Cadet Very Happy
    purpleblues1
    purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:10 pm

had a chance to listen to the start, liked what i heard so far, esp the Stones, brought back happy memories. will investigate further tomorrow Fishing
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:50 am

I finally got a chance to listen to it, and it's a great podcast, people! Despite the wild variation in songs and styles, it works and gels! Maxim did a really great job fusing our three bits together to a cross-Atlantic !

Major Tom - I enjoyed that one. Nothing wrong with a bit of german new wave. I even had a feeling I knew that chorus, but they probably nicked that from somewhere else? It's a funny song: it falls somewhere between an original composition and a cover. A rewrite of Space Oddity, with different text AND a different melody!

Nice to hear some more Alison Krauss in here! Yes, the excellent 'Raising Sand' album with Robert Plant is how I got to know her:

Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast Raising-sand1

I can definitely recommend it to everybody, as it's truely beautiful.
    As much as I enjoy Robert Plant's singing, Krauss's voice struck me as very special, so much that I sometimes wanted to push him aside to let her shine. The few tracks on that album she sings lead are very special.
    So ... that lead me to picking up a 'best of' Krauss album. A lot of country and blue grass on that, with arrangements that are sometimes a little too tacky for my taste. But the voice makes it up!

Only after that, I realised that I had already heard her singing on the soundtrack of 'O Brother Where Art Thou' (a guilty pleasure of mine Laughing )
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:02 am

BTW- this version of Major Tom is unique in that it's a custom mix.
    I mixed the German version with US version thus creating this multi language version that can only be heard here.
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:19 am

When was it originally released? And who are these people? And are the related to Scoop?
    fkkScoop
    fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:28 am

Ymaginatif wrote:When was it originally released? And who are these people? And are the related to Scoop?

It´s from Peter Schilling from 1983, the NDW (NeueDeutschWelle) [NewGermanWave] are everywhere around!
    Nena, Falco...etc. the music of the 80s in Germany!
    He still play the song today, cuz it was his biggest hit, released it 1994 also in english, a rerererelease in 2003 with new bass.... but all of them, except the mix from Maxim are puke

It was cool as a youth, but I can´t hear this sh... anymore
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:42 am

In that case, I think I'll make a podcast just about German eighties music rofl

I love Nena! Still cool for me! does that make me younger than scoop the old grumpy man?!! cheers
    fkkScoop
    fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:57 am

Ymaginatif wrote:In that case, I think I'll make a podcast just about German eighties music rofl

I love Nena! Still cool for me! does that make me younger than scoop the old grumpy man?!! cheers

Maybe....

No, seriously:
    Nena still on tour, but the last 4 of the 5 records where bestof/remix/remaster/duetsinging - releases of the same s... they/she produced 30 years ago! (not only Nena)
    Ok, the fans wanna hear 99 Ballons etc. But nothing new? No ideas, no nothing...
    This is the same thing like the tech industry doing....only wanna earn more money!
    (I know I know....I didn´t must buy this) And we speak offtopic....
    OK!
    Kisses from scoop
    Inward Jim
    Inward Jim

Post by Inward Jim Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:34 pm

haven't had the time to check any of these out in the last few months. Now that things are winding down, I can go back and enjoy some EMF goodness! Looking forward to this one!
    Anonymous

Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast Empty maceo triple broadcast

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 12:12 pm

Thanx a lot!!! eye can`t wait 2 listen this one

greetings
    djcobo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:56 am