Entropy Music Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Entropy Music Club

Entropy Music Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Funk Soldiers

2 posters

Create a Changing Desktop Background in Windows 7

maxim9691
    maxim9691

Create a Changing Desktop Background in Windows 7 Empty Create a Changing Desktop Background in Windows 7

Post by maxim9691 Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:16 am

If your like me your really digging Windows 7's easy to use features.
    I personally have Windows 7 Ultimate, but I still use Vista Ultimate as a 2nd OS on the same computer.
    I have to admit that I rarely use Vista when given a choice at startup, as I've stated above, it's easy of use and it's quick start up time.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You may have noticed that W7 has a cool slideshow background feature that has not been previously used in the majority of windows operating systems (OS).
    You can select pre-arranged background themes and you can also download new ones.
    On to the point- what you may not have noticed was that you can create your own background sideshow , which is worth the price of W7 if you ask me... OK , maybe you didn't but your gonna get my opinion anyway.

Here is how you create your own changing background theme (slideshow)

Right Click on your Desktop and select Personalize (it's the last selection)

Now click on "Desktop Background" as shown above
    Where it says "picture selection" click on Browse and find where you have pictures.
    Then all pictures in that folder will show up in the big box (I like to create a folder for each picture theme).
    Now all you have to do is select the pictures that you'd like to be included in the slideshow (By default all pictures are selected).
    I like to set the time between pictures for 5 minutes because a new picture will appear nearly everytime I view the desktop.

As shown in the pic above, this is where your new slideshow can be saved, shared named and so on.
    CKJ505
    CKJ505

Create a Changing Desktop Background in Windows 7 Empty Re: Create a Changing Desktop Background in Windows 7

Post by CKJ505 Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:28 am

I am living in the dark ages with Win XP SP3, but I do not mind.

It never gave me any trouble, ever, (touch wood!) and I do not intend to change unless othewise advised.

Does W7 use all your R.A.M.?

I heard that on the grapevine and was told to just use XP and never change until another XP type based OS is re-released... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What is your general review of W7?

Would you recommend an upgrade?

My old addage is " If it's not broken...don't fix it!" Rolling Eyes
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Create a Changing Desktop Background in Windows 7 Empty Re: Create a Changing Desktop Background in Windows 7

Post by maxim9691 Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:13 pm

CKJ505 wrote:I am living in the dark ages with Win XP SP3, but I do not mind.

It never gave me any trouble, ever, (touch wood!) and I do not intend to change unless othewise advised.

Does W7 use all your R.A.M.?

I heard that on the grapevine and was told to just use XP and never change until another XP type based OS is re-released... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What is your general review of W7?

Would you recommend an upgrade?

My old addage is " If it's not broken...don't fix it!" Rolling Eyes

In my experience XP was broken -
    Here is the order of my Windows systems
    XP
    Vista home
    Vista premium
    Vista ultimate
    7 Ultimate

From the above I'd guess that Xp and Vista are the two I've used the most.

As far as speed goes 7 is the new king, it runs fast and opens up with very little delay
    I've read a number of bench tests for Vista, XP and 7 and 7 wins hands down

7 is light powerful and very easy to use- it automatically connects to your DSL or network and has a number of tools that previous versions should have-
    Such as a built in Screen Capture tool
    Improved and Usable Microsoft Paint
    Bigger Toolbar tabs that are customizable
    Autochanging background
    Sticky Notes for your desktop background

And better Encryption
    Vista had some strong security features but now 7 adds to that by including Media/USB apps Encryption
    You can basically enclude anything connected to your computer

These are only a few of the things that I've noticed so far, I'm finding cool new features daily as I use 7

It's been along time since I've used XP, but I remember setting some things up on my Kids XP computer after I got used to Vista.
    It seemed very out of sorts , things weren't where they seemed natural .
    It was fast from a Ram point of view, but the speed did not entice me back to it.

7 does a much better job of creating a bridge from Vista to the new OS
    Things are very natural and on the most part improved and from what I hear it's bullet proof-
    meaning Microsoft has fixed the issues with Vista , giving you Windows 7

Windows 7-- the OS microsoft should have released years ago !

Upgrade if you can afford it, you will not be sorry !

CKJ505
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Sounds like a write up that Monsieur Gates would be proud of... only messing, when and if I can afford it, I might give it a go, then again by the time I can afford it, Windows 8 or 9 will probably be out , so I might wait until they are out and buy a new PC that has it preloaded. sunny

For the moment I am ticking over nicely, broadband speed is my current problem... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:21 am