Entropy Music Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Entropy Music Club

Entropy Music Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Funk Soldiers

+6
SeeNote
nicocojo
Brickscratch
CKJ505
Ymaginatif
maxim9691
10 posters

Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast III

maxim9691
    maxim9691

Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast III - Page 2 Empty Re: Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast III

Post by maxim9691 Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:24 pm

Jfrost wrote:Nice Pod-cast and hats off to you all...well done, love the interaction.....most have actually used a script, which is a note a shall take if I ever get around to attempting another...idea in mind but not nearly drunk enough to plug in that mic again!!!

But yours really has thrown down the gauntlet, and that is a challenge beyond me. Maybe a triple Irish Housequake...CKJ505?? Kramor???

I'd listen to an all Irish Triple Cast, that would be very cool Cool
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast III - Page 2 Empty Re: Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast III

Post by Ymaginatif Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:44 am

Now I`m curois to see what car will pop up underneath me!!

I even ventured out of my Continental Isolation and pulled this out of hte library all teh way to Belgium! And it worked. Hid myself in a corner and listened to most of it!

A surprisingly instrumental and funky podcast, which is all thanks to Maxim! Maceo and I just gave him a bunch of songs (unscripted) and Maxim found a way to link them!! Nice!

Of course, my selections are the best ones (joke), but I was really blown awy by the anti)love song! I want a copy of that! The singing voice is so cool!
    5and not to self: next time I try to record a funk song: play less bass Laughing )
    And some of the instrumental songs were rerally exciting too!

Big applause to the three Ks --- they should have their own spinoff show! I would listen to that! (though Maxim might have to vet the song selection?)

And finally: Maxim`s real voice? Is this the real voice?? Haha, it still sounds like an effect to me. M axim lived witha permanently FX`d voice!
    In any case, it sounded mich clearer, and I could understand you much better.
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:46 am

Cool car! I somehow expected an oldtimer or something like that Laughing

And are those Frosty and Kramor walking in the background?

Right - now I need a baby to drive my car ...
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:22 am

Ymaginatif wrote:Now I`m curois to see what car will pop up underneath me!!

I even ventured out of my Continental Isolation and pulled this out of hte library all teh way to Belgium! And it worked. Hid myself in a corner and listened to most of it!

A surprisingly instrumental and funky podcast, which is all thanks to Maxim! Maceo and I just gave him a bunch of songs (unscripted) and Maxim found a way to link them!! Nice!

Of course, my selections are the best ones (joke), but I was really blown awy by the anti)love song! I want a copy of that! The singing voice is so cool!
    5and not to self: next time I try to record a funk song: play less bass Laughing )

Big applause to the three Ks --- they should have their own spinoff show! I would listen to that! (though Maxim might have to vet the song selection?)

And finally: Maxim`s real voice? Is this the real voice?? Haha, it still sounds like an effect to me. M axim lived witha permanently FX`d voice!

Answers: I have been thinking about putting together an all K webcast and yes this is my actual voice with very little FX.
    The FX I did use was a filter because there was noise in the background from the 3 K's and 1 T Laughing
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:34 am

I really enjoyed the podcast as well. I didn't know Maxim turned Y onto Alice Smith (very cool song).
    Release the first cut...am stilll laughing (and bobbin') Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast III - Page 2 482452

Also now posted at http://emfradio.blogspot.com/ - the final podcast of the year

Next year there will be more Triple Threat, as well as the Irish Triple Threat (can't wait for that!!) as well as at least one solo podcast from everyone (Max, Y, Jfrost, Purpleblues, CK, SeeNote...scoop if he ever returns)
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:39 am

maxim9691 wrote:
    Ymaginatif wrote:Now I`m curois to see what car will pop up underneath me!!

5and not to self: next time I try to record a funk song: play less bass Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast III - Page 2 765994 )

Answers: I have been thinking about putting together an all K webcast and yes this is my actual voice with very little FX.
    The FX I did use was a filter because there was noise in the background from the 3 K's and 1 T Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast III - Page 2 765994

I almost turned the whole Lulu Hughes webcast over to Mrs Maceo, but realised I wouldn't get my job back based on voter demand Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast III - Page 2 765994

Now Y's turn to add a "little bit of home" into his webcasts
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:05 am

Mace2theO wrote:I really enjoyed the podcast as well. I didn't know Maxim turned Y onto Alice Smith (very cool song).

That is true, loved the album "For Lovers, Dreamers & Me" since I first heard it. The whole album is good but it's a shame it's so short.

Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:59 am

I`m not so sure whether Alice Smith came from Entropy for me. I remember seeing the album somewehere else - another blog which has long since disappeared. But my memory is notoriously bad ...

Hehe - I noticed that Maxim was recording his bits in a `full house`Laughing

I`m still very proud of having played a song that Maceo likes in this podcast cheers
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:28 am

Ymaginatif wrote:I`m not so sure whether Alice Smith came from Entropy for me. I remember seeing the album somewehere else - another blog which has long since disappeared. But my memory is notoriously bad ...

Hehe - I noticed that Maxim was recording his bits in a `full house`Laughing

I`m still very proud of having played a song that Maceo likes in this podcast cheers

It was the Computerblue forum and I sent you a page from her book, for some reason it stuck in my mind- probably because you've included her so many times after. Laughing
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Ymaginatif wrote:I`m not so sure whether Alice Smith came from Entropy for me. I remember seeing the album somewehere else - another blog which has long since disappeared. But my memory is notoriously bad ...

Hehe - I noticed that Maxim was recording his bits in a `full house`Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast III - Page 2 765994

I really like Rare Child...back to back with Maxim's Eddie Harris track make it my favourite part of the podcast! I loved getting introduced to new music through the TT series Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast III - Page 2 236716
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:01 pm

...and now Y knows who Duffy is. His comment from one of my earlier podcasts when I name checked Y on the Roots remix of 'Mercy'

Ymaginatif wrote:
    GREAT podcast! I enjoyed this one from top to bottom, left to right and even diagonally!!!

Thanks for the shout-out! I expected some Belgian schlager, but I see I can also represent Wales?! Maceo, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast III - Page 2 765994 Rather a good song - Duffy (or whatever her name is)?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:50 am