Entropy Music Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Entropy Music Club

Entropy Music Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Funk Soldiers

3 posters

iTunes problem, albums missing!

jaytap
    jaytap

iTunes problem, albums missing! Empty iTunes problem, albums missing!

Post by jaytap Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi there,

I use iTunes for listing to my music on my laptop and also in conjunction with my ipod.

However I have noticed that albums from time to time 'go missing', what i mean is, they still appear in the listing but when i click on a song in order to listen to it - it then becomes marked with an exclamation mark warning and a pop-up box appears telling me that the track(s) are no longer available and would i like to locate them...

this can be quite tedious as i have just discovered this evening about 12 albums have mysteriously gone missing from my iTunes library, although they are still present in my laptops 'music folder' so i now have to copy them back across again and then uncheck any songs i don't like and re-rate my fave tracks etc...

Actually I have just discovered that the albums still exist on my Ipod Touch but not on my iTunes, so now i'm really confused...

Does anyone else suffer from this problem, i don't know why it happens and i certainly did not accidentally delete the missing albums from my ipod or itunes,

anyone?

Jaytap.
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

iTunes problem, albums missing! Empty Re: iTunes problem, albums missing!

Post by maxim9691 Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:43 pm

I don't have this problem because I have a system.
    Study carefully for it's very complicated.

Apple=BAD
    Everthing else=GOOD
    jaytap
    jaytap

Post by jaytap Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Yes I know Maxim,

I also use a Creative mp3 player and did so for many years before succumbing and buying the ipod touch, on the surface the Apple stuff works so well and i enjoy listening to alot of radio podcasts so it makes much more sense to use an Apple product.

Somebody else out there must have the same problem!

jaytap
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:47 am

that means you either have moved the original file or renamed it slightly?

This is one of th reasoins why I stoppe doranising my music files in iTunes but go to the original files and organise and play those. But yes, iTunes is a pain. And I hte Apple for creating its iPod in such a way that it only works with iTunes!!!
    jaytap
    jaytap

Post by jaytap Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:22 am

hey Y,

you know what I may have moved the album files from one folder to another inside Windows.
    this is probably why they have disappeared, oh what a pain!

i really only started using the ipod because it's so much more convenient with the podcasts i like to listen too, also i like to listen to music in the bedroom, the car and living room etc so it's easy.

I do still use my Creative Vision M as all my speaker docks are especially for it, I have yet to buy an iPod speaker set...

jaytap

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content