Entropy Music Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Entropy Music Club

Entropy Music Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Funk Soldiers

+2
Mace2theO
bluefish
6 posters

Bluefish on EMF Radio - NPG Vandals spotlight show

bluefish
    bluefish

Bluefish on EMF Radio - NPG Vandals spotlight show Empty Bluefish on EMF Radio - NPG Vandals spotlight show

Post by bluefish Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:00 am

Bluefish on EMF Radio - NPG Vandals spotlight show - 2009
    [Artwork needed]
    Running time - 51:45

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by bluefish on Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Bluefish on EMF Radio - NPG Vandals spotlight show Empty Re: Bluefish on EMF Radio - NPG Vandals spotlight show

Post by Mace2theO Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:46 am

Wow, that's was quick! Look forward to giving this a listen. Congrats on getting it done..."it ain't easy" Smile
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Bluefish on EMF Radio - NPG Vandals spotlight show Empty Re: Bluefish on EMF Radio - NPG Vandals spotlight show

Post by Mace2theO Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:03 pm

Bluefish, great show! Nice selection and good DJ mic work.

I do want to check with the other Admins on a few things, just to make sure, before we formally release and promote this :evil:

Congrats!
    Jfrost
    Jfrost

Post by Jfrost Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:00 pm

This is something to which I have to take my hat off too.
    well done.
    I have tried to put something together but I have found it quiet difficult and promised to return and give it another go, which I have been putting off for a while now but I shall reopen my file and give it another go.
    I'm dropping your EMF show now and I am really looking forward to it and getting a chance to hear another Entropy member on the airways.

Thanks Bluefish.
    bluefish
    bluefish

Post by bluefish Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Thanks, Maceo and Jfrost!

I was a bit worried about putting a show together, since all I have on my laptop are 4-5 NPG Vandals releases and 2-3 other Prince compilations (my PC got a virus several months ago and was wiped clean, so I lost everything that was on my hard-drive). I just tried to mix it up as best I could with what was available to me, and I think it worked well...I'm very happy with the final product. I hope my choices are representative of the amazing body of work that NPG Vandals has put out thus far!

I had already begun work on my show when Maceo suggested I listen to Maxim's Masters of Funk podcast, so when I heard that Maxim had used a very similar "robotic" voice technique, I felt guilty for retroactively ripping him off. That's part of the reason my mic breaks are so scarce--the other reason being to test myself and see if I could resist excessive interjections, which I've been prone to do in the past. The music deserves the opportunity to speak for itself, IMO.

I hope people also enjoy the little plugs I did for the radio station and the forum...those were probably my favorite part of putting the show together--getting to be creative with the dialogue and FX! Laughing

If/when I do another installment, I hope I'll have access to a larger, more diverse music library. Also, I'd love to somehow do a short interview segment, so the show seems a little less one-dimensional. Finally, if I could do it again, I'd mix the water sounds from "Positivity" into my spoken segments as something of a trademark, since my call sign is Bluefish.
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:52 am

I've just finished listening to this little radioshow!

Like you say, it could have been Maxim speaking - the same inhuman voice 8)
    That aside, I enjoyed it very much: you're quite convincing in the little DJ talks and EMF plugs (something I can't do without sounding somewhat totally ridiculous Laughing ). Also a great selection of songs - all hits, but they flowed well, and had me singing along. 'Strange Relationship' does it for me everytime. The final song was a nice little surprise too Laughing
    jaytap
    jaytap

Post by jaytap Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:11 pm

Thanks for this Blue Fish, I know it must be very daunting to put something together after the excellent contributions of Maxim and Maceo.
    it sounds cool and I look forward to listening to it tonight.

Jaytap.
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:32 am

I'm looking forward to giving this a listen.
    Anonymous

Bluefish on EMF Radio - NPG Vandals spotlight show Empty hello

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:37 am

Hello, is - he can put on passwork and link.

Thank you in advance
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:34 am

Bluefish,
    Very nice mix of "old school" with a taste of live at the end. Bluefish on EMF Radio - NPG Vandals spotlight show 488650
    bluefish
    bluefish

Post by bluefish Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:57 pm

TheTaint wrote:Bluefish,
    Very nice mix of "old school" with a taste of live at the end. Bluefish on EMF Radio - NPG Vandals spotlight show 488650
    Thanks, TheTaint!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:30 pm

Thanks I liked it
    Anonymous

Bluefish on EMF Radio - NPG Vandals spotlight show Empty how to download

Post by Guest Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:36 am

Hi

Really would love to listen to the podcast. But a pw is needed?
    bluefish
    bluefish

Post by bluefish Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:52 pm

srwtheartist wrote:Hi

Really would love to listen to the podcast. But a pw is needed?
    The password has been removed, so anyone can listen now! 8)

I would appreciate any and all feedback.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:28 am