Entropy Music Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Entropy Music Club

Entropy Music Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Funk Soldiers

St.Paul /Paul Peterson (sep 7 2006)

maxim9691
    maxim9691

St.Paul /Paul Peterson (sep 7 2006) Empty St.Paul /Paul Peterson (sep 7 2006)

Post by maxim9691 Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:09 am

Interviewer- True Prince Stories

Q & A with ST.Paul Peterson
    September 7, 2006

Q: What are you up to these days?

Producing, writing and touring - I am also a father of 2 girls “ have been married for 16 years this Oct to my beautiful wife Julie. Check out www.stpaulproductions.com

Q: How did you start working with Prince?

Had an audition for the keyboard chair left vacant by Jimmy Jam. I was called home from my vacation after high school graduation. I had to learn 10 songs in 1 night“

I went in “ Jesse Johnson was running the show for the Time “ he dug what I did “and I got a call back “ Prince showed up the next time “ I got the gig after that.

Q: How and when did you get in the music business?

I was born into the business “ my whole family is in the business www.ThePetersonFamily.info
    My mom is 85 and is still giggin as a jazz pianist and vocalist “ and all the brothers and sisters are musicians/singers.

Q: How do you think Prince will be remembered 50 years from now?

He is and will be remembered as a musical genius.

Q: What is your favorite Prince album?

Purple Rain

Q: Favorite bass player?

Marcus Miller

Q: Childhood ambition?

I wanted to either be a professional musician like the rest of my family, or a pro baseball player

Q: What are you most proud of?

My marriage, my kids, and my family.

Q: Do you still work with any members from The Family?

When I am not on the road touring with other artists I have some fun with a band called The Truth http://www.myspace.com/thetruthmpls. Eric Leeds and Jellybean Johnson are in that band. We are having a blast doing the Family stuff!

Q: Best Prince Moment

ll never forget after the one and only Family concert at 1st Avenue “ Prince came up to me after the show and hugged me he was so excited.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:21 pm