Entropy Music Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Entropy Music Club

Entropy Music Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Funk Soldiers

2 posters

Grid 1 & Grid 2

maxim9691
    maxim9691

Grid 1 & Grid 2 Empty Grid 1 & Grid 2

Post by maxim9691 Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:51 am

I played the original Grid from beginning to end and now I'm off to play Grid 2.

Gameplay
    The game includes numerous real world locations such as Paris, North America, and many more. It also includes motor vehicles spanning four decades. In addition, it includes a new handling system that developer Codemasters has dubbed 'TrueFeel', which aims to hit a sweet spot between realism and accessibility. Races do not include a first person cockpit view.[2] The popular gamemode "Drift" was recently shown in a gameplay preview by Codemasters.
    World Series Racing
    World Series Racing is a highly-competitive racing event that races on various tracks on various continents around the globe. It features also something called "LiveRoutes" where the circuit track dynamically changes with no track map. It features race types like: Race, Promo, Time Attack, Drift, Eliminator, Checkpoint, Touge, and Vehicle Challenges.
    Marketing
    In May 2013 Codemasters announced that there would be a single £125,000 special edition release of the game which includes a BAC Mono supercar featuring a Grid themed paint job and a tour of the BAC factory.[3]
    GRID 2 also sponsored Matt Kenseth's #20 GameStop Toyota during a NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Dover International Speedway.
    Reception
    [th][hide] Reception[/th][th]Aggregate scores[/th][th]Aggregator[/th][th]Score[/th][th]Review scores[/th][th]Publication[/th][th]Score[/th]
    GameRankings(PS3) 82.81%[4]
    (PC) 81.86%[5]
    (X360) 80.06%[6]
    Metacritic(PS3) 83/100[7]
    (PC) 82/100[8]
    (X360) 79/100[9]
    Joystiq[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][10]
    Grid 2 received generally positive reviews from critics following its release. Aggregating review websites GameRankings and Metacritic report scores for the PlayStation 3 version of 82.81% and 83/100 respectively,[4][7] the PC version 81.86% and 82/100,[5][8] and the Xbox 360 version 80.06% and 79/100

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

One of the great features in the original was that you hired a team mate and competed in world racing matches which resulted in driver and team points to climb the leader board.
    The Teammates are computer controlled but there seem to be thousands of choices with varying degrees of skills.
    I did notice that some teammates that I hired enjoyed wrecking me, the owner of the team.
    When they did they generally hinted that it was may fault in some way, which was kinda funny.
    Anyway, your teams verbally communicated with you during the race and were done in great detail. They even had region specific accents depending on where they were from.
    Eventually I settled for a Brit teammate, instead of the USA, California Surfer Dude that I had for a time- who was then fired for saying DUDE too much Laughing

In the end it was easier to tolerate the condescending attitude of the Brit driver and in most races he was more competition than the opposing drivers.
    GRID 1
    --------------------------
    GRID 2

Your not going to find better graphics in any racing game on the current systems (PS3/XBOX360 & PC)

That graphics are so good that you can destroy nearly any part of the car. With each item that is damaged the controller begins to vibrate more and become less controllable depending on what parts are damaged.

One race I was in, I was in 3rd place and had a flat tire and then drive on the rim and won the race.
    Which was extremely hard with super poor handling, but it was on a track where most of the corners were to the right.
    The flat tire was also on the right which enable me to corner to the right better than other cars because it had more bite.
    If the track would have had mostly left hand corners, then I would have been in the wall and toast before the race was over.

If you love racing games and haven't played either game, then seek out Grid 1- you will love it!
    CKJ505
    CKJ505

Grid 1 & Grid 2 Empty Re: Grid 1 & Grid 2

Post by CKJ505 Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:57 am

Would you recommend getting Grid I first, or should I jump in and get GRID II?king 

Nice to see a Gaming Section! Good call good Sir!
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:20 am

CKJ505 wrote:Would you recommend getting Grid I first, or should I jump in and get GRID II?king 

I would go with Grid 1 first because it should keep you busy until the price of Grid 2 comes down.
    CKJ505
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:41 am

maxim9691 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:Would you recommend getting Grid I first, or should I jump in and get GRID II?king 

I would go with Grid 1 first because it should keep you busy until the price of Grid 2 comes down.

I hear you loud and clear Kool
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:06 pm

CKJ505 wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:

I hear you loud and clear Kool

I will say this about the Grid games. #2 may turn out to be bigger when I get finished with it, but #1 was just fun to play and left you with more choices with how you played the game. You could race for other teams or start your own. The new one (#2) goes through the motions with giving you choices, meaning basically your left with the same choices as other players.
    I tend to like games where the game play is unique each time you play the game.
    CKJ505
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:00 am

What will people think, 40 somethings playing games...tsk! Rolling Eyes 
    Laughing 
    [Off Topic]!
    (My mantra, well most peoples mantrae, you only live once...exception the followers of Buddhism. Actually a friend of mine is a Buddist, very intelligent gent, quiet and when he speaks, everyone listens.) [Off Topic]!

I might just go on a hunt for that controller.
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:18 am

CKJ505 wrote:What will people think, 40 somethings playing games...tsk! Rolling Eyes 
    Laughing 

Hey, video games are here today because of our generation. cheers 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:46 am