Entropy Music Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Entropy Music Club

Entropy Music Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Funk Soldiers

+2
kramor2k
maxim9691
6 posters

Maxim's Masters of Funk Webcasts (1-3)

maxim9691
    maxim9691

Maxim's Masters of Funk Webcasts (1-3) Empty Maxim's Masters of Funk Webcasts (1-3)

Post by maxim9691 Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:48 am

Maxim's The Masters of Funk - Podcast part 1 - 2009

Maxim's Masters of Funk Webcasts (1-3) Pod1

with entropy user shoutouts wink
    Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zimmwzqgmld

Last edited by maxim9691 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Maxim's Masters of Funk Webcasts (1-3) Empty Maxim's The Masters of Funk - Podcast part 2 & 3 - 2009

Post by maxim9691 Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:50 am

Maxim's The Masters of Funk - Podcast part 2 - 2009

Maxim's Masters of Funk Webcasts (1-3) Podcast

Check out a funky pod cast ! With a sample of Maceo from our forum!

Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zwyy2jzmmyi
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maxim's The Masters of Funk - Podcast part 3 - 2009

The debut of my new song "funky Like Me?" directed at our own Ym , this of course is just for fun.
    This podcast has a couple of guest stars and YES its funky!

Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4mmbmmncqnt

Last edited by maxim9691 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
    kramor2k
    kramor2k

Maxim's Masters of Funk Webcasts (1-3) Empty Re: Maxim's Masters of Funk Webcasts (1-3)

Post by kramor2k Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:57 pm

Thanks for these Maxim. Spent a glorious hour listening to this funk last night. Loved it. Makes me want to do my own Podcast, Won't be funk because I can't compete. Thinking of doing decades E.G 50's, 60's, 70's and so on. I will see how I get on with the first one before I plan a 20 disc series!!!!

Loved the Entropy shout outs (didn't cry too much at not getting a mention!!!! Smile ) Also liked maceo's cameo.

Thanks again.
    Anonymous

Maxim's Masters of Funk Webcasts (1-3) Empty Re: Maxim's Masters of Funk Webcasts (1-3)

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:15 pm

Finally Dropping this one and am really looking forward to giving it a spin.
    dj
    Thank You
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:12 am

I adore these Podcast!! They R 2 funky!
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:15 pm

Ah, took me a minute to find #3 here (it doesn't come up under 'new posts')....looking forward to giving this a listen

Thanks Maxim!
    cool3
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Mace2theO wrote:Ah, took me a minute to find #3 here (it doesn't come up under 'new posts')....looking forward to giving this a listen

Thanks Maxim!
    cool3

I meant to add a new post to this, so that it would show up. But I guess I forgot ?
    jaytap
    jaytap

Post by jaytap Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:06 pm

hi guys,

this is my first time of tuning into one of our famed podcasts, i religiously download podcasts from the UK radio scene on a daily basis and listen in the car and in bed late at night Sleep

am really looking forward to adding some variation to my daily menu...

cheers all involved,

jb
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:57 am

No worries, as those in the know have found it!!

Really enjoyed #3 - as always, the funk is much appreciated! Loved hearing the old funk like the Bar Kays and the Meters, as well as the classics like George and Ohio Players. The 'funk history' rap was pretty cool, but will have to give it a 2nd listen to pick everything up. Great to see Isaac get some play (a whole generation thinks his claim to fame is voicing Chef!) along with Curtis - two guys who could do "orchestra funk": strings, horns, the whole bit - taking the funk and putting a tuxedo on it!

Loved hearing Roger (the long version!! cheers ).

Ya stumped me on the last track. I think its 80s and doesn't sound like the usual suspects. Maybe someone else will step to the plate. Good one!

Finally, I really enjoyed the bass and guitar fills under the voiceovers - very very cool and creates an original (well, to me) and unique style for a radio DJ. As a DJ choices are to talk over the song or dead air, you have snuck in a 3rd option. Anyway, the DJ geek in me pick up on it and wanted to give props. 8)

Keep it funky
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:26 am

Just heard "Funky Like Me?" 2 minutes ago.
    Very impressive and very tight! No way I can play like that Laughing
    (I feel some inspiration for a song called 'Considerably Less Funky Than U' now tongue )
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:51 pm

'Considerably Less Funky Than U (Rock Version)' ... it's in the can! (coming soon) 8)
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:48 pm

And here it is: invented, recorded and mixed within the hour!!!
    (took a bit longer to upload Laughing )

'Considerably Less Funky Than U' --- rocky guitars, loud drums and silly brass. Not very original (only when it was 'finished' I noticed its resemblance to 'Xenophobia'. ah well ...), but it was fun. Very Happy

Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zdwn1kjnzmg

:bball:
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:32 am

Ymaginatif wrote:And here it is: invented, recorded and mixed within the hour!!!
    (took a bit longer to upload Laughing )

'Considerably Less Funky Than U' --- rocky guitars, loud drums and silly brass. Not very original (only when it was 'finished' I noticed its resemblance to 'Xenophobia'. ah well ...), but it was fun. Very Happy

Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zdwn1kjnzmg

:bball:

This should be cool!
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:10 am

Jeez, i posted on the podcast, but forgot to mention the song!

'Funky Like Me' is a great little funk jam, with a great bass line and some tight drumming. 'Less Funky than U" is no less funky, just rockin' out the funk. Enjoyed both - Keep the tracks comin'! cool3
    davitrusty
    davitrusty

Post by davitrusty Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:40 pm

Dont know how I missed these b4. Thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:41 am