Entropy Music Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Entropy Music Club

Entropy Music Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Funk Soldiers

+3
purpleblues1
fkkScoop
Mace2theO
7 posters

EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10)

Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) Empty EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10)

Post by Mace2theO Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:18 pm

Apologies for the belated posting...

EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo

EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 3d5bcd75

One of tEMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) Twin%20peaks%201%20v2he many things we both love about EMC is how we all came to this place in appreciation of a specific artists, but yet we all seem to have very different taste in music from there. So it's great to be introduced to music new to us from the folks around here. It happens in posts, in the chatbox and through each others' podcasts.

So last month we were both happily and separately finalizing each of our podcasts for October, when in the chatbox one evening, we both realised that we were going to use Cee Lo's Forget You. We both laughed, as in the past, without any advanced coordination, the podcasts here by different people have never used the same song (due to the lovely different and varied tastes we all have). From there, We realised that there were a few other artists that we were also considering, but with different songs.

So we agreed to make it formal and each create "Twinned Podcasts" - 1 song, 6 artists and 1 cover

Our "Twins" are

• Cee Lo - Forget You
    • Ben Harper
    • Janelle Monae
    • Steve Miller
    • Sharon Jones
    • Gil Scott Heron
    • a Led Zep cover!

- the rest were up to the individual.

Our theory is that despite the overlap and love for the mutual artists, Purpleblues and Maceo podcasts will still sound different, because...well, Purpleblues is Purpleblues and Maceo is Maceo.

So we finally finished the podcasts, shared them with each other and it turns out 1) we ended having a 7th artist in common, 2) another song in common and 3) they are both exactly 1 hour and 5 minutes

Enjoy

EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) B9be447f

EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) B05e2111

Last edited by Mace2theO on Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:35 pm; edited 5 times in total
    fkkScoop
    fkkScoop

EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) Empty Re: EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10)

Post by fkkScoop Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:59 am

Cool!

But the song from Cee Lo has originally another name..... EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 765994

But I´m afriad to write it down..... EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 787990
    purpleblues1
    purpleblues1

EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) Empty Re: EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10)

Post by purpleblues1 Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:11 pm

fkkScoop wrote:Cool!

But the song from Cee Lo has originally another name..... EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 765994

But I´m afriad to write it down..... EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 787990
    As we are parents , and try to be responsible ones, we've chosen the vulgarism free version.... study
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:35 pm

..and a very special thanks to Maxim EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 754535

Last edited by Mace2theO on Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Purpleblues, a youthful Maceo and our Twin Peaks Guests

EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 52b11cd9
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:47 am

And suddenly there were two?!!

Great - I look aroudn and I see an empty office in need of being filled with some music in the background! Excellent timing.

Y-podcast is almost ready. I aim for a 'release date' on the 17th for no particular celebratory reasons Laughing
    CKJ505
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Hey Pb! I thought I was actually listening to a Radio Station without the annoying adds! Very cool voice for radio. Great mixture of different genres of music. afro

I liked the Robert Plant and Gil Scott Heron. I am beginning to like Janelle Monae the more I hear her music and wonderful voice.

A big thumbs up from here! EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 794647
    purpleblues1
    purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:16 pm

CKJ505 wrote:Hey Pb! I thought I was actually listening to a Radio Station without the annoying adds! Very cool voice for radio. Great mixture of different genres of music. afro

I liked the Robert Plant and Gil Scott Heron. I am beginning to like Janelle Monae the more I hear her music and wonderful voice.

A big thumbs up from here! EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 794647

bash cheers scared
    Thanks for the feed back ,gives a warm glow...
    And am working on my "solo" compulsory Podcast this week.. more eclecticism... possibly a funk / folk / dub / prog cross over ...
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:39 am

PB's podcast caught my ear first, and it keeps catching it!! Great job!
    You start, deceptively, with a quiet instrumental, lulling the listener to sleep, only to open the floodgates after that with high-energy funk and blues throughout! Waw! The only pauses to breath are your calm and professional comments in between the songs. I will return to this one. (The woman singing live, just after Robert plant = waw waw waw!)

Maceo, I will get to yours soon Smile (I had a quick listen already, and yes: the live versions (sic) of Tightrope are superior to the studio version! Very much. I keep being disappointed with the J Monnae studio CD ... :(
    purpleblues1
    purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:58 am

Ymaginatif wrote:PB's podcast caught my ear first, and it keeps catching it!! Great job!
    You start, deceptively, with a quiet instrumental, lulling the listener to sleep, only to open the floodgates after that with high-energy funk and blues throughout! Waw! The only pauses to breath are your calm and professional comments in between the songs. I will return to this one. (The woman singing live, just after Robert plant = waw waw waw!)

Maceo, I will get to yours soon EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 928738 (I had a quick listen already, and yes: the live versions (sic) of Tightrope are superior to the studio version! Very much. I keep being disappointed with the J Monnae studio CD ... :(

thanks for the thumbs up, Y.. just to clarify one thing- "Waw waw waw " is a good thing in Norman, yes ? EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 765994

Maceo's version is a blast too, esp the Eric Gales, s oturn the office ghetto blaster to 11 and let the fonk envelope Wales EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 176206
    Jfrost
    Jfrost

Post by Jfrost Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Maybe I'm silly like PB1 but I can't find these Pods...Help!!! Embarassed
    Jfrost
    Jfrost

Post by Jfrost Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Jfrost wrote:Maybe I'm silly like PB1 but I can't find these Pods...Help!!! Embarassed

Silly me found them...Are pods going that way now???? Cool
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:37 pm

Moved this to the 'correct' section Laughing
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Ymaginatif wrote:Moved this to the 'correct' section EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 765994

The reason it was here is because the section you moved it is not visible to all EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 600788

EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 236716 Guess I have to move it to Member Depot/Music since you don't want to host them
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:59 pm

Ah - silly --- move it back?
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Just in case you were looking for some member podcasts to listen to EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 482452 EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 482452
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:47 pm

No comment on the track with P doing background vocals? I thought one person would pick up on it... EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 787856
    Jfrost
    Jfrost

Post by Jfrost Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:52 pm

The Ani de Franco....too obvious Laughing
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Jfrost wrote:The Ani de Franco....too obvious EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 765994

EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 177651 EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 177651
    Jfrost
    Jfrost

Post by Jfrost Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:05 pm

Mace2theO wrote:
    Jfrost wrote:The Ani de Franco....too obvious EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 765994

EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 177651 EMF Twin Peaks Podcasts - Purpleblues and Maceo (October '10) 177651

SEE I do listen

No comments cause I'm dreading having to follow you.
    So if I keep my comments to the minimum on you guys, there stands a good chance no-one will listen and even better not comment on mine.

OK OK Its Irish logic and I'm sticking to it! tongue
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:22 pm

Yeah, I've finally got time to give these a listen Laughing
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:19 am

Wow, this is one 1 crackin Broadcast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool computer fights back
    Jfrost
    Jfrost

Post by Jfrost Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:33 pm

maxim9691 wrote:Wow, this is one 1 crackin Broadcast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curious Maxim...which one PB's or Maceo's......I can see Egos been hurt here!!! Laughing
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Jfrost wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:Wow, this is one 1 crackin Broadcast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curious Maxim...which one PB's or Maceo's......I can see Egos been hurt here!!! Laughing

Maceo's is Crackin - no insult to PB, as I've yet to listen
    purpleblues1
    purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:23 pm

maxim9691 wrote:
    Jfrost wrote:

Maceo's is Crackin - no insult to PB, as I've yet to listen

none taken ................ yet Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:39 am