Entropy Music Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Entropy Music Club

Entropy Music Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Funk Soldiers

5 posters

[FREE] Portable Apps

maxim9691
    maxim9691

[FREE] Portable Apps Empty [FREE] Portable Apps

Post by maxim9691 Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now carry your computer in your pocked (usb drive) or store it on a cloud server.
    Portable Apps provides free apps that run various programs from a USB Flash Drvie while plugged into your computer.
    The whole purpose is to be able to take everything with you and use it on a another computer simply by plugging in your USB Drive.

Idea
    fkkScoop
    fkkScoop

[FREE] Portable Apps Empty Re: [FREE] Portable Apps

Post by fkkScoop Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:40 am

Yeah cool...
    But hey, didn´t know if u know that the company
    SanDisc invented in 2004 the U3 SmartDrive...almost the same in a USB - Stick!

But like the link...maybe I will check and try it!
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:36 am

fkkScoop wrote:Yeah cool...

Yep , had one of those - didn't work very fast and didn't support flash applications.

I use protableapps at work everyday because I can carry it as a portable browser using google chrome.
    This allows me to save passwords and links that my co-workers cannot read once I've went home for the day.
    Plus it's nice to have some useful utilities on it that can be taken with me.
    kezako
    kezako

Post by kezako Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:17 pm

I like portable apps too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Another good link for free portable apps :
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    CKJ505
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:22 am

maxim9691 wrote:

Yep , had one of those - didn't work very fast and didn't support flash applications.

I use protableapps at work everyday because I can carry it as a portable browser using google chrome.
    This allows me to save passwords and links that my co-workers cannot read once I've went home for the day.

Sounds handy MaXim, what size USB would a user require? Idea
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:34 am

CKJ505 wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:

I fit all of the apps that I need on a 4GB drive which is also very cheap to come by and I have space left to save documents.
    The nice thing about having a portable browser on the drive is of course your own bookmarks.
    Also portable apps never save any personal information on the computer that you are using making it a nice security option.
    Also when you open a browser from the USB drive you can then eject the drive and the browser continues to work until you close it.

CKJ505
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:22 am

maxim9691 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:

I fit all of the apps that I need on a 4GB drive which is also very cheap to come by and I have space left to save documents.
    The nice thing about having a portable browser on the drive is of course your own bookmarks.
    Also portable apps never save any personal information on the computer that you are using making it a nice security option.
    Also when you open a browser from the USB drive you can then eject the drive and the browser continues to work until you close it.

Thanks for the info, off to the ye olde shoppe I will go. Tmill

Me thinks this will come in very handy indeed.
    kramor2k
    kramor2k

Post by kramor2k Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:32 pm

Very handy site full of lots of great apps. It's like a one stop shop for stuff I need to carry around to the brothers house when he has a problem.

Pendrive being loaded as I type.

Thanks Max.
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:37 pm

I guess I should add that you can also add other apps that don't require your computer's registry to run, given they are the right size to fit on your USB Drive.

Just create a folder and place it with the other Portableapps programs and the main loader app will find it and add it to the list.
    Also all of the major browsers offer a portable version, just select the drives folder when installing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:30 am