Entropy Music Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Entropy Music Club

Entropy Music Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Funk Soldiers

+6
kezako
Ymaginatif
purpleblues1
maxim9691
CKJ505
Mace2theO
10 posters

Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams

Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams Empty Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams

Post by Mace2theO Fri May 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Maceo & SeeNote – Purple TV Jams

Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams Dbb22e8c

In collaboration with Entropy MC and 2the9s, EMF Radio presents "Purple TV Jams." Hosted by Maceo and SeeNote, here are some of our favourite Purple performances from over 31 years of TV appearances. Most tracks have been enhanced by NPG Vandals.

Track list

1. Laydown (Lopez Tonight, Los Angeles, 13th April, 2011)
    2. Feel Better, Feel Good, Feel Wonderful (The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno, Los Angeles, 27th March 2009)
    3. Electric Chair (Saturday Night Live, New York, 24th September 1989)
    4. Count the Days (The White Room Sessions, London, 5th April 1995 – broadcast 8th April 1995)
    5. Reflection (w/ Wendy Melvoin, Tavis Smiley Show, Los Angeles, 12th February 2004_broadcast 19th February 2004)
    6. All Along The Watchtower / Best Of You (Super Bowl XLI Halftime Show, Dolphin Stadium, Miami, 4th February 2007)
    7. Pretty Man (Septimo, Madrid, 22nd November 1999 – broadcast 9th August 2000)
    8. Anotherloverholenyohead (Super Bowl XLI Press Conference, Miami Beach Convention Center, Miami, 1st February 2007)
    9. D.M.S.R. (MuchMoreMusic, Toronto, Canada, 28th July 2004-broadcast 1st August 2004)
    10. Fury (Saturday Night Live, Rockefeller Center, New York, 4th February 2006)
    11. Somewhere Here On Earth (The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno, Los Angeles, 28th May 2009)
    12. Medley: The Word/Get On The Boat/Glamorous Life – (ALMA Awards 2007, Pasadena Civic Auditorium, Pasadena, 1st June 2007
    13. Motherless Child (Septimo, Madrid, 22nd November 1999 – broadcast 9th August 2000)

Go get it (and other music webcasts) at EMF Radio - Home of EntropyMC Webcasts

Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 533132e7

Last edited by Mace2theO on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CKJ505
    CKJ505

Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams Empty Re: Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams

Post by CKJ505 Fri May 13, 2011 5:19 pm

I thought a podcast was overdue, and what a podcast. Can't wait to get a grip on this one Maceo and big ups to SeeNote for the collaboration! Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 482452
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams Empty Re: Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams

Post by Mace2theO Sat May 14, 2011 4:50 am

All new members are encouraged to read this Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 482452

...old one are as well Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 765994
    CKJ505
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 Sat May 14, 2011 5:20 am

Mace2theO wrote:All new members are encouraged to read this Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 482452

Reading at this very moment, rockin & funkin!

Where are our new members?

I know where they are .....the library. Rolling Eyes
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Sat May 14, 2011 9:26 am

CKJ505 wrote:
    Mace2theO wrote:All new members are encouraged to read this Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 482452

So true, so true
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Sat May 14, 2011 7:13 pm

maxim9691 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:

So true, so true

Perhaps the newbies should read this book and comment as a way to gain access to the real goodies in the library as well as make friends here

....much easier than leaving 1 sentence comments under every purple book Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 361836
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Sat May 14, 2011 8:39 pm

Mace2theO wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:

So true, so true

Perhaps the newbies should read this book and comment as a way to gain access to the real goodies in the library as well as make friends here

....much easier than leaving 1 sentence comments under every purple book Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 361836

Good point, maybe I should lock the NPG Vandal door to prevent this type of abuse.
    purpleblues1
    purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 Sun May 15, 2011 3:58 am

maxim9691 wrote:
    Mace2theO wrote:
    maxim9691 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:

So true, so true

Good point, maybe I should lock the NPG Vandal door to prevent this type of abuse.
    how about we set up a library pass system with a caveat to encourage newbies to enter into more than " oh I need to reply to this thread to get the library card, so I'll type the bare minimum" ethos that can ensue study
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Sun May 15, 2011 5:12 am

Most important...what did they think of the webcasts? lol!
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Sun May 15, 2011 6:46 am

maxim9691 wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:

So true, so true

I think it was Prinkse, with the candlestick, in the library? rofl

No time for the podcast-listening yet .... but soon soon!
    kezako
    kezako

Post by kezako Sun May 15, 2011 10:19 am

Hello

I listen this podcast and I find it's a very good idea to compil this TV shows : good choice for the tracks Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 236716

Thanks
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Sun May 15, 2011 3:05 pm

kezako wrote:Hello

I listen this podcast and I find it's a very good idea to compil this TV shows : good choice for the tracks Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 236716

Thanks

It's a start! Give the man some funk points! Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 765994
    purpleblues1
    purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 Sun May 15, 2011 3:18 pm

[quote="Mace2theO"]
    kezako wrote:Hello

Thanks

It's a start! Give the man some funk points! Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 765994[/quote

OK, here's the deal.
    Newbies ( anyone with less than 15 posts) get 1 funk point per word in their reviews, with bonus points for humour, originality , sarcasm or flippancy,musicology and linguistic interpretatuity with Brucey bonus points thrown in if they merit them.
    Judges are :-
    Humour - CKJ
    Sarcasm - All and sundry
    Fonkiness - Maceo
    Musicology - Yours trully
    Linguisitics - scoop
    Brucey bonus points - Maxim..

So , Kezako gets 25 points for the post, with 3 points as a bonus for liking the track listing and a further point for use of the verb "compil"..
    sunny
    kezako
    kezako

Post by kezako Sun May 15, 2011 3:28 pm

OK I see what you want to say lol!

Sincerely, I prefer the tracks Laydown because it's one of my favorite song in the lasts discs of Prince, Reflection because I like the intimate side of this version and too Electric Chair and Fury because I've seen it on TV
    CKJ505
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 Sun May 15, 2011 3:42 pm

I came out the best here....I'm a judge now! Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 171696
    Top pay as well. Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 765994
    fkkScoop
    fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop Mon May 16, 2011 4:55 am

Oh man.......

WHAT???

EMFRADIO?

Darn, I´m really really way much too busy and missed one of the best blogs in the outta space!

Checking right now this one....and then I love to hear your NEOsoul Podcast!

So...let me check and then I´m back (Hopefully)

Oh, I forget to say :

Thanks

This looks cool

Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 860364
    fkkScoop
    fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop Mon May 16, 2011 6:27 am

Very cool tunes you have choosed!

And a real nice and charming voice from Mr.SeeNote!

Also my TVFavs in here! (Reflection/All along the watchtower/Best Of You!) and of course some of the All time GOODIES! (ALMA!!!) and Motherless Child (Awesomeness in music!?!)
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Mon May 16, 2011 1:21 pm

fkkScoop wrote:Oh man.......

WHAT???

EMFRADIO?

Darn, I´m really really way much too busy and missed one of the best blogs in the outta space!

Oh, I forget to say :

Thanks

This looks cool

fkkScoop wrote:Very cool tunes you have choosed!

And a real nice and charming voice from Mr.SeeNote!

Also
    my TVFavs in here! (Reflection/All along the watchtower/Best Of You!)
    and of course some of the All time GOODIES! (ALMA!!!) and Motherless
    Child (Awesomeness in music!?!)

Thank you very much Mr scoop sir. You are a true gentleman and a music scholar Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 482452
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Mon May 16, 2011 1:23 pm

WHAT???

EMFRADIO?

Oh, I forget to say :

Thanks

This looks cool

So does the webcast blog work for folks (while we figure out the whole radio streaming thing)?

DJs, feel free to refer your non-forum friends there to check out your work
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Mon May 16, 2011 6:43 pm

Mace2theO wrote:

WHAT???

EMFRADIO?

Oh, I forget to say :

Thanks

This looks cool

So does the webcast blog work for folks (while we figure out the whole radio streaming thing)?

Mace, I tried to listen to a streaming version but couldn't get it to work. Maybe I need to update my flash before I give it another go.
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Tue May 17, 2011 3:08 am

maxim9691 wrote:
    Mace2theO wrote:

WHAT???

EMFRADIO?

Oh, I forget to say :

Thanks

This looks cool

Mace, I tried to listen to a streaming version but couldn't get it to work. Maybe I need to update my flash before I give it another go.

Give it another go and let me know what happens....
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Tue May 17, 2011 7:31 am

I enjoyed this one very much! All known songs, but a joy to hear them again, and marvel at their energy!!

The shared DJ microphone works very well - you two pulled it off nicely. But the computer generated 'N ... tropy' made me smile every time Laughing
    CKJ505
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 Tue May 17, 2011 8:46 am

"Freaks on this side, freaks on this side".

I like the way that was included in Feel Better.... never heard that version before.

That is the best live version of Electric Chair, the bass drum is whoppingly good and an excellent quality recording too as is the rest of the Podcast.

"Mother boom boom" from 'Count the Days" again, never heard this one either so I really enjoyed that one, had to laugh at the "Mother boom boom".

A super version of DMSR, actually great to listen to it this time without the moving pictures. I took more out of if it this time by listening than watching.

Another excellent rendition is this version of 'Fury' with a very clean crisp guitar, almost an acoustic electric sound.
    That version too was new to me as the only one I did know of was the BRIT Awards with Te Amo Corazon.

I do like this take on 'The Word, a livlier pumped up version and as for 'Glamourous Life' Wow! Shelia showing us how good she really is, getting the crowd on her side from the start.

All over, a brilliant podcast with smooth mixing between tracks, by the end I wanted to listen to 'Love 2 the 9's" Nice work guys! Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 840942
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:35 pm

CKJ505 wrote:"Freaks on this side, freaks on this side".

I like the way that was included in Feel Better.... never heard that version before.

That is the best live version of Electric Chair, the bass drum is whoppingly good and an excellent quality recording too as is the rest of the Podcast.

"Mother boom boom" from 'Count the Days" again, never heard this one either so I really enjoyed that one, had to laugh at the "Mother boom boom".

A super version of DMSR, actually great to listen to it this time without the moving pictures. I took more out of if it this time by listening than watching.

Another excellent rendition is this version of 'Fury' with a very clean crisp guitar, almost an acoustic electric sound.
    That version too was new to me as the only one I did know of was the BRIT Awards with Te Amo Corazon.

I do like this take on 'The Word, a livlier pumped up version and as for 'Glamourous Life' Wow! Shelia showing us how good she really is, getting the crowd on her side from the start.

All over, a brilliant podcast with smooth mixing between tracks, by the end I wanted to listen to 'Love 2 the 9's" Nice work guys! Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 840942

How did I miss this review??? Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 928738 Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 928738

Thanks CK. It's great that some of the stuff was new to your ears

....Now I might have to go back and give it a listen Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 177651
    CKJ505
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:49 pm

Mace2theO wrote:
    CKJ505 wrote:"Freaks on this side, freaks on this side".

How did I miss this review??? Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 928738 Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 928738

Thanks CK. It's great that some of the stuff was new to your ears

....Now I might have to go back and give it a listen Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 177651

One of my favourite pod-casts...maybe because of the purple connection...

Firstly, I took a listen at work, (ok I have some perks) Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 765994

Secondly, I take notes on pod-casts, then write down noting what stands out for me.

Thirdly, just today in fact I found a sticky note / post-it-notes on my desk with the message..."Mother-Boom-Boom". And after reading my review....I had to laugh. Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 177651

I have many post-it notes lying around with the strangest comments, some work related, some Entropian thoughts and some based around the first thing that pops into my head, much like the "popular" E-Twitter page we (4) have... Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 765994

After many visits to this podcast, Electric Chair stands out due to I like the song number 1, and the way it is conveyed to us listeners, better than the album version, with added funk and the sheer joy of it being live,( maybe with the aid of a backing track, thrown in here and there). But what the hey! Maceo & SeeNote Webcast – Purple TV Jams 468627

Thanks Maceo!

Obviously there is a visual version of this podcast. afro

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:17 am