Entropy Music Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Entropy Music Club

Entropy Music Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Funk Soldiers

4 posters

Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop

Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop Empty Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop

Post by Mace2theO Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:49 am

Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop

Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop Bd4fd45d

This collection of music was initially assembled as a summer playlist webcast, but was then put aside. But given the record breaking heatwave here in the UK, I had to pull it back out and add a few tracks. Some of the tracks are NPG Vandal remixes - 6 Day Riot and Lisa Lindley-Jones - and were sent to me by Maxim; others such as The London Souls and Marques Toliver I read about first, checked them out and wanted to share; the rest various friends have turned me onto at various times, most recently the lovely Andy Allo track via Maxim (again!). Also, borrowing from the example set by Ymaginatif, I wanted to feature a bit more of the ladies than some of the recent webcasts have allowed.

Wishing you some sunshine while listening to it.

For Maxim and Ymaginatif. Thanks fellas

Enjoy

Tracklist
    1. 31 Today - Aimee Man
    2. Maybe - 6 Day Riot
    3. Lime Green Sweater - Negro Problem
    4. Is It Too Late - World Party
    5. Road to Nowhere - Lisa Lindley-Jones
    6. Cellophane - Amanda Ghost
    7. Red Red Red - Fiona Apple
    8. Why Don't You Call Me - Macy Gray
    9. Red Headed Woman - The London Souls
    10. You Don't Love Me The Same - Jesse Johnson
    11. Come Home to Me - Andy Allo
    12. Anywhere On This Road - Lhasi De Sela
    13. Lovejoy - Livin' Out Loud
    14. Stoned Pt 2 - Lewis Taylor
    15. White Sails (demo) - Marques Toliver

http://www.mediafire.com/?ma8lmz7tbvl1hdl

Coming Soon - the Return of the Triple Threat Webcast Series

Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop Triple10

Mace2theO, Ymaginatif and Maxim's Triple Threat Broadcast series will be coming for your ears! Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop 482452
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop Empty Re: Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop

Post by Mace2theO Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:51 am

Is this thread visible? Embarassed
    purpleblues1
    purpleblues1

Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop Empty Re: Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop

Post by purpleblues1 Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Mace2theO wrote:Is this thread visible? Embarassed

no Laughing Laughing Laughing
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:04 pm

purpleblues1 wrote:
    Mace2theO wrote:Is this thread visible? Embarassed

no Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually PB is right,but now it has been fixed and a room for it will be created shortly
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:13 am

Hey hey ! Something to start the week with tomorrow! cheers

Maceo does pop? Let's see how that sounds Laughing
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Ymaginatif wrote:Hey hey ! Something to start the week with tomorrow! cheers

Maceo does pop? Let's see how that sounds Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop 765994

...now that I know you've been able to listen to all the other podcasts this week (PB 2x!!), I can know ask...whatdidyathink?
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:00 am

I haven't got round to this one yet ... Embarassed

I started and something interrupted. And tehn all the other podcasts stormed in!

But I will!
    I already liked teh Aimee Mann intro song!
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:20 pm

By the way - have heard it in the meantime and liked it!

I meant to write some commentaries, but the titles don't mean too much to me (bad memory), so I'll have to listen a third time Laughing
    [I've created a special section 'podcasts' on my ipod - which I know connect to the stereo with a cable (it only took me two years to figue out that possibility Laughing ), so I have great sound quality and the rest of the family listening too cheers)

The Road To Nowhere was a great cover.
    The London Sols sounded very Beatleslike
    What were those non-Prince NPG Vandals remixed songs?!! Where do those come from?!
    Jesse Johnson sounded very much like Prince, as usual.
    Andy Allo was better than I expected! Her live-singing wasn't all that impressive I thought - but she sings sweeter on this song.

... just a tip of the iceberg of ideas I had while listening to this Laughing
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:26 am

Ymaginatif wrote:By the way - have heard it in the meantime and liked it!

I meant to write some commentaries, but the titles don't mean too much to me (bad memory), so I'll have to listen a third time Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop 765994
    [I've created a special section 'podcasts' on my ipod - which I know connect to the stereo with a cable (it only took me two years to figue out that possibility Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop 765994 ), so I have great sound quality and the rest of the family listening too cheers)

The Road To Nowhere was a great cover.
    The London Sols sounded very Beatleslike
    What were those non-Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop 1228007915 NPG Vandals remixed songs?!! Where do those come from?!
    Jesse Johnson sounded very much like Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop 1228007915, as usual.
    Andy Allo was better than I expected! Her live-singing wasn't all that impressive I thought - but she sings sweeter on this song.

... just a tip of the iceberg of ideas I had while listening to this Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop 765994

Glad you enjoyed Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop 236716
    maxim9691
    maxim9691

Post by maxim9691 Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:41 am

The time has come and my work is done for me to go for a weekend shopping trip
    Where to go I do not know, but I do know the DJ is gonna be rockin' !

music2
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:00 am

maxim9691 wrote:The time has come and my work is done for me to go for a weekend shopping trip
    Where to go I do not know, but I do know the DJ is gonna be rockin' !

Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop 535199

Am starting to pull togther the tracks for 3-5. It's finding time for the mic breaks, and wishing Y would go first so I could react to his words Maceo Musicology Webcast #26 - Assorted Pop 765994

...and Y, the Aimee Mann song was an 'live in studio version' and not from the album. Tried to make it special for you Embarassed
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:13 pm

Live in teh studio? I didn't even hear that?!

I have a handful of tracls ready --- now it' splucking up the courage to record my voice. I have to wait until I'm alone at home ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:02 am