Entropy Music Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Entropy Music Club

Entropy Music Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True Funk Soldiers

5 posters

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves

Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves Empty Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves

Post by Mace2theO Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves 6948882e

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30a - Nu School Grooves

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves 7d34e211

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30b - Old School Grooves

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30

In recognition of the 30th Maceo Musicology Webcast, EMF Radio is proud to

release this anniversay 2 part series - Nu School and Old School Grooves.

Following the format of the 1st Maceo Musicology Webcast which served as a

personal musical introduction to my Forum brethren, Webcast 30a is full of some

of more 'current' jams while Webcast 30b goes back to older jams from

back in the day,

Webcast #30a finds the nu groove through independent and label music, artists

from 14 to 72, with a little jazz, rock, funk and some acoustic soul. Webcast

30b goes back to the late 70s to find the groove in the artists who thrived

during a formative period in my life.

Enjoy

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves Bba34182

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3cttslamp6h9ghn

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?788fthjwl7q8vp8

Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves Empty Re: Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves

Post by Ymaginatif Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:16 am

party time!!! 30 (and more) podcasts in just over two years! that's more than one a month. Excellent job!

I see a touch of maxim in the artwork?! Laughing
    CKJ505
    CKJ505

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves Empty Re: Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves

Post by CKJ505 Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:45 pm

A double webcast! Whoooooo! Old & New!

Nice take on a this momentous 30th occasion.

I hope everyone has the intelligence to read these (ie...not to skip and / or ignore) and to make comments.

The artwork looks just great...

Grabbing now, will read tomorrow, I can't wait.... Smile
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:05 am

I'm halfway into the Nu Grooves one, and I must say I haven't heard a single bad track!
    Haha, I've only head truly amazing tracks!! Maybe it's been too long ago since I've been introduced to something new, because so far this has been really a tasty and joyful revelation! From the deliciously dissonant jazz notes of the Nirvana cover, to the powerful musical rhythmical adventure of the London Souls (Maceo, I have to buy their CD now ... btw this track only vaguely reminds me of a rare and goofy David Bowie song on the Labyrinth soundtrack. Now that's obscure!) Trombone Shorty is just top-shelf playing! Choices - greatr bass; have to sit down and listen again to see what he was on about? Lianna = beautiful and rich. The Skins! Waw! But it's all about the drummer! Singing isn't too bad either!
    There we go, the Ting Tings were just about to start when I reached home. A Groove which reminded me of Prince (and a melody which reminded me of their previous album Laughing )

On to the next half!
    purpleblues1
    purpleblues1

Post by purpleblues1 Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:35 am

wow... looks great. track listing for Nu grooves contains some of my Favorites, and some new names, so a happy PB...

Old skool jams does what it says on the tin.. looking good, looking real good...
    must dust off podcasting couch and contribute.. been a long time, been a long time since we rock n rolled.... sunny
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:03 am

Ymaginatif wrote:I'm halfway into the Nu Grooves one, and I must say I haven't heard a single bad track!
    Haha, I've only head truly amazing tracks!! Maybe it's been too long ago since I've been introduced to something new, because so far this has been really a tasty and joyful revelation! From the deliciously dissonant jazz notes of the Nirvana cover, to the powerful musical rhythmical adventure of the London Souls (Maceo, I have to buy their CD now ... btw this track only vaguely reminds me of a rare and goofy David Bowie song on the Labyrinth soundtrack. Now that's obscure!) Trombone Shorty is just top-shelf playing! Choices - greatr bass; have to sit down and listen again to see what he was on about? Lianna = beautiful and rich. The Skins! Waw! But it's all about the drummer! Singing isn't too bad either!
    There we go, the Ting Tings were just about to start when I reached home. A Groove which reminded me of Prince (and a melody which reminded me of their previous album Laughing )

On to the next half!

Thanks Y....and everyone! Special thanks to Max for the email push (and of course for some of the tracks)

"Truly amazing tracks" Cool
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:13 am

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves 840942

Some promo vids for Nu School

The London Souls live

The youngsters aka the Skins

The Liza Colby Sound live in Brooklyn

Last edited by Mace2theO on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    fkkScoop
    fkkScoop

Post by fkkScoop Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:47 am

Where is the "LIKE" button??? Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves 482452

Nice compilation Maceo and nice cover, oh yes!
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Post by Mace2theO Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Mo' live version vids of tracks from the webcast

Lianne La Havas

The Bad Plus

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves 840942
    Mace2theO
    Mace2theO

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves Empty Maceo Musicology Webcast #30c - Nu School Grooves: The LIVE EP

Post by Mace2theO Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves Dc50cf77

Maceo Musicology Webcast #30c - Nu School Grooves: The LIVE EP

Maceo Musicology Webcast # 30 - the gift that keeps on giving! Part C is a special bonus EP featuring live versions of some of the tracks from the recent webcast "Nu School Grooves". Just too hot to go to waste sitting on the hard drive! A bit of jazz, a dash of pop, some rock, a taste of New Orleans gumbo and some stripped down arrangements - and it's all funky.

Enjoy the gig!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4yr1h7c63lte3br
    Ymaginatif
    Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:45 am

From now on, every Maceo podcast will be #30!! cheers lol:

cool!
    CKJ505
    CKJ505

Post by CKJ505 Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:34 am

Ymaginatif wrote:From now on, every Maceo podcast will be #30!! cheers lol:

cool!

And why not, if I was 30 again (wishing), I would celebrate it with no end.

I will listen to this later on this evening, Maceo has become my regular DJ.Maceo Musicology Webcast #30 - Nu & Old School Grooves 398410

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:41 am